Public Transportation Innovation Challenge
Proposals are due no later than September 10!
Have an inventive idea for the public transportation industry? As part of APTA’s breadth of Workforce Development initiatives, we invite forward thinkers to get in front of an audience of public transportation professionals at APTA’s EXPO 2014 and present your innovative idea that offers an “out of the box” solution to complicated public transportation challenges.
Speakers will have five minutes to teach, enlighten, inspire, and present a new idea and potentially secure business opportunities.
Winners in each category will receive a $500 cash prize. Prizes will be awarded in the following categories:
- Most Innovative Concept
- Most Realistic Proposal That Could Be Implemented Today
- Best Overall Presentation
- Complete this form, including a 500 word or less abstract of your proposed idea by September 10, 2014
- Selected participants will create a 20 slide PowerPoint presentation, where each slide will automatically advance giving speakers five minutes to pitch their innovative and creative public transportation idea. Click here to see an example of this presentation format
- Multiple entries are accepted and encouraged
- Abstract proposals due by September 10, 2014
- Applicants who are selected to present will be notified by September 17, 2014
- Presenters will participate in a conference call to review presentation requirements on September 22, 2014
- Final PowerPoints due on October 3, 2014
PRESENTATIONS AND JUDGING
Presentations will occur in the Learning Zone on Plaza 3 at APTA’s EXPO on Monday, October 13 from 3 to 5 p.m. Judging will be done by a panel of public transportation professionals and will take place directly following all presentations.
ORIGINALITY & PERMISSION
Your presentation and PowerPoint must be your original work and must not contain any third-party content or other materials (such as text, graphics, music, artwork or logos) which you do not have the right or license to use. Do not include any copyrighted content in your PowerPoint unless (i) you own the copyright, (ii) you have permission from the rightful owner of the material or (iii) you are otherwise legally entitled to use the material and to grant APTA’s EXPO a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free sub-licensable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, and display the material in any form for any purpose.
For questions or guidance, please contact Nick Norboge, email@example.com.
PROPOSAL SUBMISSION DEADLINE: September 10, 2014
APTA’s EXPO 2014
ANNUAL Meeting: October 12 – 15, 2014
EXPO: October 13 – 15, 2014
George R. Brown Convention Center