Young Professionals in Transportation (YPT) was created to fill the void presented to young professionals in the large, established transportation organizations. YPT aims to give young professionals the opportunities to take leadership roles, participate in networking events, and grow their careers. As part of that effort, YPT has established an annual awards program that aims to go beyond the standard “Emerging Star” category that is often the only category that YPT members would be eligible for in other organizations.
YPT Awards are presented annually. This year, there are two award categories that will be presented:
Young Professionals Transportation Project of the Year – An award for a project that had/is having a significant impact and where young professional(s) played a significant role. Projects will be evaluated by their impact for the transportation industry or local transportation system and the roles that young professionals played in them. All project types are eligible from studies and designs that are being implemented to finished products already being used.
Young Professionals Excellence in Innovation/Research of the Year – An award that will go to a product, paper, invention, etc. in the transportation industry where young professionals played a significant role. This will be judged based on what the innovation/research is and what role young professionals played. All types of innovations and research are eligible.
Winners of each award will receive a happy hour at their local chapter sponsored by YPT International, a plaque recognizing their achievement, and a year of free YPT membership.
Only YPT members are eligible to apply for an award. If you are not currently a member and wish to apply, please sign up for $20 at https://my.yptransportation.org/join.
How to Apply
To apply for an award, submit your application to email@example.com. All applications are due by 8PM Eastern Time March 1st, 2015. Applicants are allowed to submit additional materials (such as project samples) as attachments to their application forms. Please send any attachments as a single packet in pdf form. If you wish to submit applications for both categories, please submit separate forms for each category. Applications can be submitted by an individual or by a team. To be eligible, submissions have to relate to work performed or finished in the last three years.
Over the coming weeks, a panel will evaluate the applications, notify the winners, and announce the winners on the YPT International website and social media accounts.
2015 YPT Award Application
1. What category are you applying for?
- Young Professionals Transportation Project of the Year
- Young Professionals Excellence in Innovation/Research of the Year
- General Information:
- Description of project/innovation/research (maximum of 1000 words)
- Description of the outcomes or impacts for the transportation industry or local transportation system(s) from the project/innovation/research (maximum of 250 words)
- Description of the roles and contributions of young professionals (does not have to be just YPT members) to the project/innovation/research (maximum of 250 words)
- Additional information for consideration (maximum of 250 words)
- Please list and describe all attachmentsBest of luck!