Summary Description of Duties:
• Assist with planning and coordinating implementation of TDM programs, services and data collection efforts that support increased commuter mobility and reduce the number of single occupant vehicle trips;
• Coordinate activities, information, events and new initiatives with Energy Corridor District transportation partners (e.g. METRO, STAR Vanpool, H-GAC, NuRide, etc.);
• Assist in the development and implementation of marketing, education and outreach strategies to promote TDM programs to area employers, commuters, and residents. This may include support for collateral, lunch and learn presentations, and/or focus groups;
• Identify and participate in transportation-related events to promote The District’s TDM initiatives.
• Assist District staff with activities related to planning and implementation of the Master Plan and Unified Transportation Plan as needed.
Specific Tasks & Activities:
• Assist TDM Program Manager with the implementation of new express commuter routes, which may involve execution of contracts and agreements, and marketing of new route to attract patrons;
• Create and administer a program to encourage and assist District businesses with obtaining Bicycle Friendly Business designation by the League of American Bicyclists;
• Work with BikeHouston staff to fulfill the obligations outlined in the Management District Partnership contract, including the creation of a District-wide Bikeways Map, host bicycle education classes, and organize and promote group bike rides;
• Promote the Enterprise CarShare program to area residents and employees, and implement incentive programs to increase program awareness and membership, and encourage CarShare vehicle rental activity;
• Research and evaluate opportunities to implement innovative ridesharing programs;
• Research and evaluate options (e.g. service providers, funding sources) to implement a bike rental or bike share program;
Desired Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) plus 1-2 years of experience
• Experience with transportation demand management, transportation or transit planning
• Experience with grant writing and administration
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Familiarity with Transportation Demand Management (TDM) strategies
• Excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to plan, establish priorities, and complete multiple projects within deadlines
• Self-driven and flexible
• Ability to work effectively with a variety of people
• MS Office proficiency is required
• Skill with Adobe Create Suite applications is desirable, but not necessary
This is a full-time position with benefits reporting to the TDM Program Manager. Salary to be determined based on experience.
Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, December 23, 2016.