[remove – no longer available] New posting: innovation project manager, hOUSTON METRO
Responsibilities and Specific Duties
- Serves as Project Manager for pilots, demonstration and proof of concepts.
- Conducts research on best practices, lessons learned, leading trends and new innovations in the transportation industry nationally and internationally and analyzes applicability to METRO. Prepares research papers of results. Refines and finalizes concept ideas to prepare for implementation.
- Manages the assembly of data on performance measures, including but not limited to, accessibility, safety and environmental issues. Performs agency/departmental assessments against such measures to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Completes implementation plans for all viable areas for improvement and monitors progress. Assists with research response for solutions to address unforeseen complications or obstacles.
- Develops topics and assists in leading discussions for internal METRO Think Tank efforts.
- Lead and participate in innovation projects with internal and external project team members and stakeholders.
- Presents ideas to key stakeholders to gain support for projects that will improve mobility and accessibility within the service area.
- Partners with the academic community, learned professionals and the private sector to research past and leading-edge ideas and trends to address current and anticipated transportation challenges and concerns.
- Promotes safety awareness and follows safety procedures to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Public Administration, Urban Planning, Transportation Planning, Project Management or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
Minimum three (3) years’ experience in public transportation, urban planning, strategic planning, public administration or project management.
Knowledge of transportation analysis and research or strategic planning. Must be able to research and analyze data and prepare comprehensive reports and correspondence. Must have sound judgment and decision-making skills. Excellent communications (written/verbal) and interpersonal skills. Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) preferred.
Several organizations regularly post new opportunities for transportation professionals in the Greater Houston region. The hyperlinks below provide a link to the current openings page for each organization.
Houston Metropolitan Transit Authority (METRO)
Texas A&M Transportation Institute
Texas Department of Transportation
Quality Counts, LLC
Kimley-Horn and Associates, Inc.
Houston-Galveston Area Council
City of Houston
Texas Transit Association
Are we missing something? Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you think another organization should be added to this list.