Electrical Engineer- Senior Project Manager REQ# 2015-1110
Jones and Carter is a full-service civil engineering, planning, surveying, and professional consulting firm assisting public and private sector clients in design, development, implementation, and execution of infrastructure projects. We assist our clients in a variety of projects including: water, sanitary, paving, drainage, transportation, public water, system management, planning, and surveying. We have 9 locations across Texas: Houston, Dallas, Austin, The Woodlands, Brenham, Rosenberg, Bryan/College Station, Katy, and San Antonio. We currently employ over 500 experienced design professionals and support staff with plans for continued expansion and growth in our future. Graduate engineers receive a competitive salary that also includes PAID OVERTIME. Our benefits include fully paid health, life AD&D and long-term disability insurance with the option for dependent coverage. Other additional, voluntary programs consist of dental, additional life insurance, short-term disability, vision insurance, and flexible spending account programs. The company also provides a 401k profit sharing plan, wherein the company matches up to 6% of the employee’s salary. Jones and Carter is a leader in the civil engineering community. As we continue to grow and serve new areas, we’ve made a commitment to hold fast to our original mission: to help our clients be successful. We truly are One Company. Unlimited Potential. ™
Purpose of Position:
Key responsibilities will include: coordinating and managing projects associated with the electrical work on water and wastewater treatment plants, pump stations, SCADA systems, instrumentation and controls; scheduling of projects; maintaining project budgets; mentoring, training and management of project technical staff.
The Electrical Project Manager will:
- Lead graduate engineers, EITs, and PEs over multiple projects throughout the state.
- Establish schedules and budgets for electrical and multi-disciplined projects.
- Ensure that projects are delivered on time and within established budget parameters.
- Create and oversee budgets, oversee design, perform QA/QC, track workload, invoice projects, engage as the lead contact with others within J&C and oversee project status report reviews.
- Prepare SOQ’s, maintain and build existing client relationships, and prepare formal project proposals.
- Develop business to win new work from new clients for the Electrical Division (10% of workload)
- Work with others to help market and sell all of J&C’s services.
- Oversee and coordinate the electrical design of: water plants, water wells, wastewater treatment plants, lift stations, reuse systems, generators, lighting, HVAC, medium and low voltage designs, SCADA systems, Instrumentation and Controls.
- Assist in training and mentoring staff in the department and provide for their leadership development.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of a staff development plan for each direct report with quarterly performance reviews.
- Assist in preparation, compilation, review and presentation of results of planning and engineering studies.
- Effectively convey work product and project results in technical documents, interviews, and oral presentations.
- Attend meetings with Clients.
- Supervise CAD Tech and/or administrative staff regarding project related responsibilities.
- The candidate must possess a valid Texas Driver License, a current Texas Professional Engineer’s License (Electrical specialization) and an engineering degree from an ABET accredited engineering program.
- The candidate must have at least ten (10) years of related industry experience with at least 5 years as a licensed professional engineer
For more information about this opportunity please contact:
Teres Counts |Telephone 713.777.5337 ext.2299| e-mail resume to: email@example.com