Engineer V – Transportation Planning
Jones and Carter is a full-service civil engineering, planning, surveying, and professional consulting firm assisting public and private sector clients in design, development, implementation, and execution of infrastructure projects. We assist our clients in a variety of projects including: water, sanitary, paving, drainage, transportation, public water, system management, planning, and surveying. We have 9 locations across Texas: Houston, Dallas, Austin, The Woodlands, Brenham, Rosenberg, Bryan/College Station, Katy, and San Antonio. We currently employ over 500 experienced design professionals and support staff with plans for continued expansion and growth in our future.
Graduate engineers receive a competitive salary that also includes PAID OVERTIME. Our benefits include fully paid health, life AD&D and long-term disability insurance with the option for dependent coverage. Other additional, voluntary programs consist of dental, additional life insurance, short-term disability, vision insurance, and flexible spending account programs. The company also provides a 401k profit sharing plan, wherein the company matches up to 6% of the employee’s salary.
Jones and Carter is a leader in the civil engineering community. As we continue to grow and serve new areas, we’ve made a commitment to hold fast to our original mission: to help our clients be successful.
We truly are One Company. Unlimited Potential. ™
PURPOSE OF POSITON: Responsible for the design and management of roadway and highway projects to include all of phases of project development including preliminary engineering and/or schematics.
- Perform design and analysis for projects that including county roads, major thoroughfares, highways, and toll roads.
- Projects include the design of urban and rural highways & roads, interchanges, and other projects related to transportation.
- Provide solutions for complex engineering problems in a feasible manner and ensure compliance to standards, regulations, and codes.
- Conduct functional planning design studies for highways.
- Prepare technical reports and contract documents.
- Prepare proposals and interact with clients.
- Provide support and develop/mentor junior engineers and technical staff.
- Attend client meetings, prepare and present designs.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering.
- Qualified candidates should have 5+ years of civil engineering experience, with experience performing preliminary engineering and/or schematics.
- Proficiency and use of Microstation and Geopak is a must.
- Must be professionally registered (P.E.) in Texas, have TxDOT experience and be able to provide a list of pre-certifications available.
- The self-motivated transportation project engineer must be able to manage multiple projects as well as coordinate work with the clients and sub providers.
- Successful candidates will apply good organizational skills and take charge of overall coordination of preparing and reviewing contracts.
SPECIAL JOB CHARACTERISTICS:
- This position demands an individual with a strong detail-oriented work style, excellent oral and written communication skills, and an accommodating and proactive attitude
- Must be capable of independent and team work environments.
- This position requires periodic overtime in order to meet client expectations.
For more information about this opportunity please contact:
Teres Counts |Telephone 713.777.5337 ext.2299| e-mail resume to: email@example.com